Our client is a full-service law firm catering to domestic and international high-net-worth private individuals, family offices and commercial clients. Established in the late 18th century, in addition to private clients, they have a very good reputation in corporate and commercial areas.
To support their continued growth, they are seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join their private client team in London. This is an onsite role for the first month and hybrid thereafter.
The ideal candidate should have previous legal experience within Private Client.
- Assisting in drafting, editing and formatting legal documents such as sewing/binding deeds, wills, contracts, briefs and court documents.
- Maintaining and organising case files, legal records and correspondences.
- Managing Lawyers’ schedules including calendar management, court dates, appointments and deadlines.
- Conducting legal research, using online databases and libraries to gather information for the team.
- Assisting with billing and accounting tasks such as filing/tracking billable hours, generating invoices and processing payments.
- Working collaboratively with a team of secretaries
- Must have previous legal secretarial experience, gained from a recognised law firm and have demonstrated skills in providing administrative support.
- Able to work under pressure and able to work to deadlines, with concise writing skills, spelling, punctuation and proof reading skills would suit this role.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and other legal research tools.
- Professional demeanour, and the ability to interact effectively with internal stakeholders