A leading UK and international law firm with over 50 offices and 7,000 employees worldwide, which provides high quality legal advice tailored to both businesses and individuals, are currently seeking a Legal Project Manager to join their London office.
Purpose of the role:
As a Legal Project Manager, you will play a crucial role in implementing and embedding LPM practices across their offices in EMEA. You will be involved in specific matters, providing internal consultancy advice and supporting the development of the wider LPM team. Reporting directly to the Co-heads of Legal Project Management and working as part of their commercial function, this role offers an exciting opportunity to drive change in the delivery of legal services, collaborate with process and technology experts, and explore new and improved ways of working.
- Assisting lawyers in developing budgets, process maps, and work plans for new and ongoing legal matters.
- Creating client matter project and portfolio documentation and reports, including financial reporting and project metrics.
- Monitoring and tracking legal team activities, ensuring compliance with Firm standards and client expectations.
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating risks associated with legal matters.
- Implementing and managing internal and external reporting for portfolio clients and matters.
- Collaborating with clients, lawyers, pricing professionals, and business development teams.
- Contributing to special projects as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Preferably educated to a degree level.
- Extensive experience working in a similar capacity in a leading law firm.
- Project management, lean, change management, or related certification or comparable experience preferred.
- Ability to manage and mentor junior team members.
- Highly organised with excellent prioritisation skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while contributing to a team.
- Flexibility to collaborate with a global team in a remote work setting.
- Comfortable leading and working with Partners, Associates, and legal personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Basic knowledge of Visio and quick adaptability to new applications.
- SharePoint knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with enterprise reporting systems.
- Strong computer literacy and problem-solving skills.
- Logical and methodical approach to resolving issues.
The firm operates a hybrid agile working policy, allowing employees to work from home (or another UK location) for at least 50% of their time.
The firm offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a great platform to progress your career.