An opportunity has arisen to join the Legal Operations & Project Management team at a leading national and international full-service law firm in their London office. They have embraced legal technology to help deliver their services in a more dynamic and innovative way.
No two days will be the same in this role, as you will be responsible for implementing project management, process improvement and delivering training across the different practice groups. This role has a variety of duties focussed on supporting fee earners and their clients.
Other duties include:
- Providing project management support across a number of client projects
- Using project management tools to manage and monitor progress on projects
- Understanding budgets and support on financial reporting and tracking of matters
- Understanding the resources available in the firm and identifying opportunities to consider different options
- Analysing data and deliverables to communicate value to key stakeholders
- Understanding the financial drivers and metrics of the firm and ensuring projects adhere as best as possible
- Delivering regular training across the firm
- Supporting on the development of new and bespoke LPM tools
- Driving engagement of LPM tool implementation across the firm
- Working with senior people in the team to generate training content and client materials
- Supporting on relevant operational efficiency projects
- Identifying improvement opportunities in how the firm delivers their work and ensure lessons are captured and shared with the team
- Working with business services teams to understand operational best practice for matter management
- Promoting/selling the value of LPM and Operational services/products to different stakeholders
- Ensuring effective governance, processes and defined outputs are in place
- Understanding how technology and different resources can support project delivery
The successful candidate will need to be able to evidence project management experience. Also required are strong communication and relationship building skills, the strong ability to translate objectives into tangible outputs to meet specific needs, the ability to manage different stakeholder types confidently and diplomatically, and the ability to confidently sell value, benefits, and results to improve buy-in/engagement.
The firm has a hybrid working policy of being in the office 2-3 days per week so travel to one of the firm’s UK offices is required. Candidates should bear this in mind when applying.
The firm are offering a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and good scope to progress your career, with a clear roadmap for advancement.