We are working with a Global Pharmaceutical Company in their search for a Legal Counsel. The successful candidate will join the business on a contract for 6-8 months starting ASAP. Due to the imminent start date, candidates should ideally be available immediately or at short notice.
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company specialising in neuroscience, rare diseases, and oncology.
Candidates are likely to have upwards of 2 years’ PQE and have a strong generalist commercial law background within the pharma industry with experience relating to the Middle East, Africa and/or APAC. English language skills are essential, with French and/or Arabic being a bonus, but not essential.
The successful candidate will be joining a legal team providing end to end legal support across all products and therapeutic areas. This work will include, but may not be limited to:
- Providing legal advice and support to commercial, medical and access and other relevant teams across the Middle East, Africa, and APAC regions
- Implementing policies, recommending and developing local policies and positions on Legal and compliance issues
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and approving agreements and contracts – including with local partners. This could cover the likes of distribution and promotion agreements, for example.
- Ensuring overall compliance with applicable laws for relevant activities within the Middle East, Africa and/or APAC region
- Supporting and participating in Group Legal projects as required (for example, contract management), particularly for local implementation
The successful candidate will have the support and supervision of a senior global lawyer.
Offices are based within a South-Eastern County within the UK. Whilst it would be ideal for candidates to be office based for 3 days a week, the business is very open to considering remote candidates (who are based within the UK) who would travel sporadically to the office for relevant meetings.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a solicitor
- Strong Commercial Law experience within the pharma industry
- Experience relating to the Middle East, Africa and/or APAC regions
- Strong English language skills. French and/or Arabic would be a bonus, but not essential
- Upwards of 2 years’ PQE
- A desire to work within a global pharma company
- The ability to work well independently as well as part of a wider team
- The capacity to start a new role immediately or at short notice