A Global Private Equity Firm are looking for an experienced Compliance/Regulatory professional to join their team in London. The role will report to the Global General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer. This will be a diverse role where you will work across their global business, as well as taking the lead on regulatory aspects across their portfolio.
Just to note, they are considering candidates from a purely Compliance/Regulatory background, along with legally qualified candidates who have strong experience with funds from a regulatory perspective.
- Regulatory – drafting policies, establishing and maintaining processes around regulations (e.g. GDPR, MIFID, AIFMD, SFDR, both in relation to their London and Paris offices and any Brexit-related differences)
- Reviewing marketing materials and similar presentations
- Familiarity with marketing restrictions across Europe and Asia and ESG considerations
- Corporate – assisting with resolutions and meeting minutes for boards of the Global non-US funds and certain internal functional committees
- Assisting with setup and oversight of international offices
- Reviewing RFPs and information questionnaires
Skills & Knowledge required:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Experience with fund marketing rules and regulations under regulatory regimes of various non-US jurisdictions, including European, and Asian and MENA regimes
- English qualification preferred; however, qualifications from other jurisdictions considered
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience with a top tier law firm or asset manager, preferably in the alternative investment funds area
- High level of self-motivation
- Strong interpersonal skills