An exciting opportunity has arisen with a global trading business to be part of their centralised KYC/due diligence team. In this role you will be expected to oversee the end-to-end process, as well as implement controls and make risk-based decisions. The firm has a very flat structure, and because of this you will gain access to all levels of seniority within the business.
The KYC Analyst will be part of the centralised due diligence team supporting all firm offices in delivering the KYC policy, related procedures, and controls. They will report to the Senior KYC Analyst.
Based in London, the KYC Analyst will have responsibility for:
- Performing assigned tasks as part of on-boarding, regular and event-driven review of counterparts
- Conducting sanctions, PEP, and adverse media screening in accordance with firm procedures and escalate accordingly.
- Collecting and verifying information and documentation obtained.
- Where valid reasons exist to deviate from KYC standard documentation, ensuring the rationale is appropriately documented and approved, clearly stating identified risks and mitigating factors.
- Managing case load, and taking ownership by tracking with business owners to ensure cases complete in a timely manner.
- Liaising with business owners and management to clarify, investigate, escalate, and resolve issues as they arise.
- Documenting outcomes of due diligence performed.
- Undertaking additional activities as directed by the Senior KYC Analyst.
- Working together with the global Compliance team.
The KYC Analyst will be part of the global compliance team. Professional development is a core ethos of the team, and the successful candidate will be trained and supported in all areas relevant to the role.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- The candidate will preferably have at least 2 to 4 years’ hands on experience in KYC/due diligence.
- Experience of working with in an investment bank, brokerage, or trading firm.
- Strong analytical skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Working proactively and independently.
- Highly responsive, proactive, energetic, and enthusiastic.
- Capable of prioritising tasks, meeting critical deadlines, and of working on his/her own remotely.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work across organisational and cultural boundaries.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A team player with an open non-political style, and a high level of personal integrity.