We have direct instructions from an elite UK law firm client to find a knowledge lawyer to support its busy corporate group across London and the firm’s regional offices, helping to ensure that they are equipped with the most up-to-date legal knowledge and expertise.
The role reports to the head of the knowledge department and is highly varied. The corporate group advises clients across different sectors on the full spectrum of corporate law, including large corporates on mainstream M&A deals and emerging companies/startups on the entire business lifecycle, from pre-seed investment rounds to acquisition/IPOs.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Monitoring legal developments and market trends to keep the corporate group up to date on key issues affecting their clients;
- Drafting and maintaining precedents, know-how, and other internal resources to ensure that lawyers have access to high-quality materials to support their work;
- Designing and delivering training and other professional development programs to ensure that lawyers have the skills and knowledge they need to provide top-quality advice to clients;
- Providing expert guidance and support to lawyers on complex legal issues, including through formal opinions, briefings, and other forms of advice; and
- Collaborating with the firm’s other knowledge lawyers and legal teams to share knowledge and best practices and to develop new initiatives to support the firm’s work.
The ideal candidate will be an England & Wales-qualified corporate lawyer with 4+ years of PQE trained with a leading City law firm. This role would suit a fee-earner looking to transition to a knowledge role.
Our client offers an excellent compensation package, career progression, exposure to high-profile clients and intellectually challenging work.