This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior Compliance Officer to join the London office of a multinational Silver Circle law firm. They will be involved in daily compliance tasks and projects, and drive constant improvement where they see fit. A key part of this role is liaising with various internal and external stakeholders, working to meet deadlines and growing their knowledge of compliance processes within the business.
- Dealing with the new client and matter inception. Reviewing information provided by fee earners for the new client and matter requests to ensure that they meet the standard required, and opening matter files on the system.
- Reviewing AML compliance, and liaising with fee earners to ensure that outstanding information is requested.
- Undertaking conflict checks.
- Undertaking PEP, Sanctions and background checks as required.
- Maintaining registers including (but not limited to) process agency matters, gifts, hospitality and data protection.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries, including requests for reopening files and background/company checks.
- Ad hoc research tasks.
Skills, experience and personal attributes:
- The ideal candidate will have an understanding and interest in regulatory compliance.
- Excellent IT skills are also required.
- It is desirable if they have languages experience.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.