A leading UK and international law firm with 80+ partners and over 400 people in total, with offices in both London and Leeds are looking for an IT Trainer. Recently making a large move into progressing their digital capabilities, this will be a vital role in seeing firm adoption and best practices of their technology.
Purpose of the role:
You will be working in the L&D Team reporting to the L&D team lead and working alongside two other L&D executives and an IT Trainer. As a team they are responsible for providing training on all systems, applications and technology used by the fee earners and support teams as well as contributing to projects in the planning and implementation stages.
- Providing training to staff at all levels on IT, business systems and software using a variety of teaching methods e.g. trainer-led classroom sessions, one-to- one coaching, remote webinars, surgeries, training videos and reference documents.
- Undertaking onboarding training and follow-ups to all new joiners.
- Working closely with the rest of the L&D team to identify training needs and develop, refine and deliver training across the business.
- Producing and updating training content, guidance and supporting materials.
- Working with other teams and departments on projects and bespoke training requirements.
At least 3 years’ experience of hands-on IT Training.
- Experience as an IT, business systems and software trainer in a professional services environment.
- Experience delivering training in a variety of formats including one to one, small groups
- Experience of Legal Applications (including but not limited to MOS, iManage Work 10, Intapp Time, Elite 3e, NetDocs, Zoom and MS Teams).
- Experience of using, and providing training on, document management systems.
- Experience of creating training content and reference materials.
- Strong administrative skills
- Confident at presenting, teaching and delivering information to wide audiences.
- Excellent typing and IT skills, including very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Understands client needs and demonstrates an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Using and providing training on Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, NetDocs and time recording software.
- Experience of writing quality IT Training course materials and creating eLearning content using Adobe Captivate.
- Experience within a legal IT environment.
The firm operates a hybrid agile working policy allowing employees to work from home (or another UK location) for 2 days a week, with 3 days in the office.