Our client is a leading UK and international law firm with 140+ partners and over 850 people in total, which provides high quality legal advice tailored to both businesses and individuals. They have 7 UK offices and headquarters in the City of London, and growing overseas from Asia to South America through their presence in Singapore, Piraeus, Paris, and Madrid. They are now looking for an IT Trainer.
Purpose of the role:
You will be working in the IT Team reporting to the IT Training Lead and working alongside two other IT Trainers. As a team they are responsible for providing training for all offices on all systems, applications and technology used by the fee earners and support teams as well as contributing to projects in the planning and implementation stages. Some upcoming projects include the introduction of iManage Work 10, Intapp Time and Aderant Practice Management Systems, so experience of either of these would be beneficial.
- Delivering regular IT training sessions to all staff on relevant systems as identified/requested by the business (these could be face to face and require travel to an office or remote using Zoom).
- Training new starters including fee earners and support staff (currently remotely over 2 days).
- Training new Trainee Solicitors in March and September (usually part face to face and part remotely over 3 days).
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of project related training and creation of supporting material.
- Working closely with the other Trainers to administrate bookings and invitations and record attendance.
- Working closely with the other Trainers to pick up any new training requests, initiatives or development tasks.
- Working closely with the other Trainers to write and maintain IT training documentation with minimal supervision.
- Working closely with the other Trainers to produce interactive eLearning content using Adobe Captivate.
- Working closely with the other Trainers to maintain the intranet.
- Evaluating training and respond to feedback.
- Assisting in the capture of Training Needs Analysis.
- Providing 2nd line support as required in the team.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the department.
At least 3 years’ experience of hands-on IT Training for groups of 6 or more.
- Experience of Legal Applications (including but not limited to iManage Work 10, Intapp Time, Peppermint, Aderant, Zoom and MS Teams).
- Experience of MS Office 365 (to MOS Expert level) and Windows 10.
- Experience of remote IT Training using Zoom or other video conferencing solution.
- Experience of classroom-based IT Training.
- Experience of one-to-one IT Training for individuals with specific requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience of supporting staff with IT related problems over the phone or Zoom.
- IT training qualification, preferably Microsoft Office Specialist Master /TAP or equivalent.
- Experience of writing quality IT Training course materials and creating eLearning content using Adobe
- Experience within a legal IT environment.
The firm operates a hybrid agile working policy allowing employees to work from home (or another UK location) for at least 50% of their time.
The firm offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a great platform to progress your career