A leading law firm with over 1000 people worldwide, with headquarters in London and 8 offices across Asia, Europe and the Middle East, are continuing with their rapid growth, and are now looking for an IT Systems Tester.
The right candidate will join a 50 strong IT team, who report to the project services manager. This role is vital to assuring that project changes, software releases containing security patches, fixes to defects and enhancement requests, and end user expectations are known and managed throughout all lifecycles.
Main responsibilities include:
- Gap analysis of current/new scripts required for testing of software releases, IT Changes and project lifecycles
- Creation and execution of test cases following documented user scenarios and personas
- System, integration and regression testing
- Detect and manage all defects in ServiceNow, agreeing priority and remediation actions with stakeholders
- Ensuring appropriate testing is conducted to establish the User Experience, driving user adoption and change
- Using performance management tools to measure against key metrics through all pre-production lifecycles
- Ensuring risks are raised promptly with project managers and stakeholders
- Managing the testing acceptance including business sign off
- Presenting/communicating findings to project teams, technical and non-technical colleagues
Attributes / skills required:
- You must possess good knowledge of Microsoft packages and common legal applications
- Experience of defect management and application performance tools e.g. ServiceNow, Lakeside Systrack, Jira.
- Service focused attitude and professional manner, appropriate for a commercial law firm
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to lead, motivate and develop a team with a clear, concise and politely assertive manner.
- Use initiative and make suggestions to change processes where required
- Able to respond quickly to requests, manage time effectively, and work under pressure
- Well organised, with good time management skills and adherence to agreed milestones and deadlines
- Previous experience in a legal or other professional services firm/partnership structure
- Previous legal experience is preferred
The Firm will offer you a place where you can be yourself and where there are no limits on what you can achieve. You can take ownership of your career and have honest conversations throughout. You would join an ambitions firm with a clear strategy for profitable growth where you can get early responsibility and early involvement in growing the business. You can expect a competitive and fair reward as well as recognition based on all round performance.