Our client is an innovative legal platform who provide legal advice to a diverse range of SME clients. They are keen to engage with IT/Software Lawyers with upwards of 7 years’ PQE on a flexible consultancy basis. This opportunity is well suited to individuals who are looking to move away from the traditional Private Practice or In-House model, towards a more flexible and innovative one, or for those who are looking to line up an additional stream of consultancy work.
Candidates should be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days a week. A client following is not required.
Candidates can expect:
- To provide IT/Software advice to SME clients
- To be provided with work to fit their capacity (whether that is for 3 days a week or up to 5 days a week)
- To work on an agile and flexible basis
- To be part of an inclusive, supportive, and innovative platform
- To receive a competitive hourly rate
In order to be considered, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualification as a Solicitor in England & Wales with a current Practising Certificate, or a Barrister regulated by the Bar Standards Board
- Upwards of 7 years’ PQE in advising on a range of IT and Software matters (to include the likes of software licenses; IT service agreements; service level agreements; website terms and policies; software development agreements; end user license agreements, for example)
- A genuine interest in providing legal advice to SME clients. Previous experience in working with SMEs would be of notable interest
- Strong technical knowledge and the ability to translate this in a clear, relatable fashion to SME clients
- The capacity to commit to upwards of 3 days a week
This represents a superb opportunity to be part of a flexible and innovative platform.