A leading law firm with over 1000 people worldwide, with headquarters in London, and 8 offices across Asia, Europe and the Middle East, are continuing with their rapid growth, and are now looking for an IT Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the firm for key financial systems. The BA will design and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Interpreting client needs, determining how they fit into global priorities and managing expectations by building collaborative relationships.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with staff and external suppliers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Taking responsibility for design and analysis of software improvements.
- Own work to delivery (including the development, testing, UAT and training phases), overall management of the testing cycles for software releases.
- Competently presenting to an audience either orally or in written materials, with the ability to get a point across whilst listening to others.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Proactively seeking process improvements – including global policies or procedures, as well reporting and use of systems, with the aim of improving accuracy, consistency, and efficiency.
- Documentation preparation, including functional specifications, communications and training documents.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support team
To be considered for this role you will have the following:
Proven track record in a IT Business Analyst role also including the following:
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent project and change management skills
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise conflicting demands
- Self-motivated with good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Professional, diplomatic and tactful especially when in pressured situations
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external client
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels
- Experience within a partnership environment – legal is an advantage
- Experience of project methodologies
- Ideally BCS qualified
This role is based in London, however you can work from home for 2 – 3 days per week.
The firm offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a great platform to progress your career.