Our client is one of the world’s leading law firms. Their globally recognised, market-leading Intellectual Property (IP) lawyers help the world’s foremost companies unlock the value of their IP to protect their investment, secure and maintain competitive advantage and obtain commercial outcomes.
Intellectual Property is a crucial differentiator amongst modern global businesses, and changes in the IP landscape are gathering pace. In competing for growth in mature markets, businesses are looking to their brand and innovations to drive revenue. Our client helps these global players commercialise and protect their innovations across sectors and continents
Due to consistent and growing client demand, they are now looking for an additional junior – mid-level Associate to focus on IP transactional work (including collaboration agreements, licensing arrangements and providing support for M&A deals) and standalone advisory work across all types of IP.
Specifically, in this role you will:
- Advise on the IP aspects of M&A transactions as part of the firm wide team;
- Build a solid foundation of commercial and legal expertise within IP law;
- Drive forward standalone IP work and develop long-term client relationships in key growth areas;
- Deliver excellent client service and manage and deliver discrete pieces of legal work;
- Strengthen relationships with clients, frequently acting as a direct point of contact; and
- Be responsible for some management and delegation of work to and support of junior colleagues.
To be successful in your application you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor and probably gained around 2-4 years’ experience of non-contentious IP law, probably from a leading private practice law firm (in-house candidates would also be considered);
- Excellent academics;
- Enthusiasm for innovation and technology, and the aptitude/enthusiasm to help drive the growth of the non-contentious practice;
- Strong foundational legal and business skills, including drafting, negotiation, and project and people management, and business development skills;
- Willingness to learn and the ability to work hard;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
This position attracts excellent remuneration and represents a stellar opportunity to grow your career with a top ranked, high-profile team. For solicitors with appropriate equivalent common-law experience based abroad, an excellent sponsorship and relocation package will also be available.