Our client is one of the most respected law firms in the world.
Unusually, their IP/Technology handles both contentious and non-contentious matters across trade marks, patent actions, passing off, copyright, outsourcing, licensing, procurement, cloud solutions and traditional software development, licensing and maintenance agreements (and disputes).
The client list is impressive and as a member of this group you’ll be involved in both the legal and commercial decision-making of some of the largest and highest profile commercial organisations in the world.
The matters worked on by the group are challenging and sophisticated. Associates are given as much responsibility and client contact as they are ready for, and it is entirely possible for Junior Associates to take the lead either on the whole of a matter or on part of it.
- Advising on the IP/technology aspects of corporate transactions;
- Advising on the full range of sourcing arrangements (including tech, telecommunications, facilities and and business process outsourcings – infrastructure, desktop, application and application support);
- Advising on strategic digital projects for a wide mix of technology, online, e-commerce and innovation clients;
- Providing strategic data protection and privacy advice for technology clients and on digital and technology related transactions, including GDPR compliance programmes;
- Advising on disputes and litigation covering the full spectrum of intellectual property rights.
As well as the technical aspects of the role, you will also:
- Develop professional relationships with clients;
- Support the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm;
- Support partners’ work in an efficient and professional way.
To be considered for this prestigious opportunity, you will have:
- Strong academics and a high level of intellectual rigour;
- Training and 2-4 years’ PQE from within the IP/technology department at a leading international law firm;
- Exposure to complex IP/technology matters;
- First rate drafting skills;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment;
- Resilience under pressure;
- The ability to deal with clients in a relaxed and confident manner;
This position attracts market-leading remuneration. For solicitors with appropriate equivalent common-law experience based abroad, an excellent sponsorship and relocation package will also be available.
This is a stellar opportunity to grow your career with a top ranked, high profile team.