Our client is a very highly regarded and award-winning international law firm renowned for its market-leading practices in many of the world’s most dynamic sectors. Their client list carries a particular bias towards technology, finance & financial services, the energy industry, life sciences and media.
The firm’s Intellectual Property Practice has a track record of providing strategic advice at the highest level in all forms of intellectual property. They are highly ranked in the leading directories, and able to advise on all types of IP disputes, including patents, trademarks, copyright, passing off, domain name, design right and breach of confidence claims.
An opportunity has come up within the London team which would suit an Associate with between two and five years’ post-qualification experience with a primary focus on contentious IP matters. As an associate within the team you will be responsible for managing your own client matters across trade mark and patent, copyright and database rights. Whilst the role is predominantly contentious, there are elements of non-contentious IP work. There will also be an opportunity to work on contentious registry proceedings before the tribunals and courts.
In order to be considered for this role you will:
- Be a qualified solicitor with most likely between two and five years’ PQE.
- Have gained contentious experience including trade mark, copyright, and database rights litigation, probably from a City, international, boutique, or highly regarded regional firm.
- Have a strong academic background and good legal skills, including attention to detail in drafting and a genuine interest in the needs of the client.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Have the experience and gravitas to operate both as part of a team and independently in a busy and demanding environment.
- Maintain enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and colleagues.