A leading legal technology consultancy are looking to hire an internal IT assistant on a permanent basis. The main location for this role is Kent, however there may occasionally be the requirement to work at the London office. Ideally this is a full-time position, however part-time could be considered.
Main responsibilities in this role will be to help install and maintain all internal systems, devices and applications and provide triage and first line support for the diagnosis of hardware/software faults and the resolution of technical problems. You will also be expected to have knowledge and awareness of the company’s cyber security strategy and approach, and assist with continuous improvement around information security and privacy.
- Assisting the Internal IT Systems & Security Executive to ensure that all systems and related procedures are fully compliant with company policies.
- Asset lifecycle processing.
- Housekeeping and monitoring internal systems and relevant shared mailboxes.
- Generating reports for management information.
- Triage of internal support tickets and some first line support.
- Corresponding with vendors as appropriate.
- Helping create and update support documentation.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Assisting with security and data processing certifications.
- Maintaining fit-for-purpose office environments and conducting risk assessments.
- Shadowing the Internal IT Systems & Security Executive.
- Testing / evaluating new technologies.
Required experience & attributes:
- Strong, demonstrable IT skills, particularly Office 365 including Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio etc.
- An aptitude for learning new systems.
- A keen eye for detail and confidence dealing with data.
- A logical and considered approach.
- Clear communication both in person and across email/Teams/phone.
- The ability to take instruction and fulfil the tasks independently or collaboratively as required.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise conflicting demands.
- Great team ethic and a motivated, positive attitude.
It is also desirable for you to have experience working in IT within a professional, corporate environment.
This position will suit a flexible, adaptable, pro-active and self-motivated individual who will be happy working in a team as well as being responsible and capable in a remote working scenario.