One of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms is looking for additional mid-level Associate to join their highly regarded insurance disputes practice in their London office.
The team high profile and complex work for insurers, brokers and policyholders across all sectors but with a focus on energy, real estate and financial institutions, and key clients included major international insurance conglomerates, oil majors, and numerous FTSE100 and FTSE250 corporate policyholders.
The firm’s areas of expertise include coverage disputes across all classes of business (including Property Damage/Business Interruption, professional indemnity and negligence, D&O liability, Cyber, Warranty & Indemnity, Public & Product liability, and Credit & Political Risk.
In order to be considered for a role in this high-quality team, you will have:
- Trained, qualified, and gained most likely between 2 and 4 years’ post-qualification experience within the commercial litigation or insurance practice of a City or International law firm;
- A strong academic background;
- Strong legal skills, including drafting, negotiation and project management skills; foundation level people management and business development skills;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner;
While some experience of insurance disputes (for example disputes between insurers, or having had to help litigating parties with recoveries from insurance policies) would be helpful, but extensive direct experience of commercial insurance disputes is not essential provided you are keen to learn. Likewise, some experience of actions for or against professionals, such as accountants, lawyers, valuers, architects, or company directors/officers would be valuable, but our client is also open to seeing skilled litigators who would like specialise in this area.