Our client, a well-established and innovative boutique City firm has a significant focus on clients in the financial services sector. Their financial services non-contentious regulatory offering includes significant track record on regulatory matters affecting the insurance industry.
They advise clients on a mix of transactional and regulatory matters, ranging from corporate reorganisations and Part VII transfers to new product development and regulatory advice on a variety of complex issues for life insurers, general insurers, reinsurers, brokers and other service providers in the insurance market, including both life AND general insurance. The firm is not fed work via panel appointments, so instructions tend to be one-off and individual in nature.
The team is headed up by a Partner who is a well-known practitioner in the sector, and is known for their thought leadership and contribution to industry publications. Due to continuous and growing client demand and (also for succession planning), they are now looking for a strong mid-level (3+PQE) Associate or Senior Associate who is keen to learn from an industry expert and develop their legal career in this area.
In order to be considered for this position you will be a regulatory lawyer with insurance industry expertise. While the team focuses on both life insurance and general insurance, experience in both is not required for this position so long as the candidate is flexible and keen to learn. In order to be successful you will also need:
- A strong academic background;
- Training and most likely 3+ years’ PQE in insurance regulatory work, gained from a City, International, or high quality regional firm.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- The ability to support the lead partner in pitching, marketing and thought leadership activities;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach.
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
Common-law qualified candidates will absolutely be of interest for this position, provided they have strong insurance industry regulatory experience.