Our client, a fast-growing and very highly regarded international law firm, is a major player in both the insurance and maritime industries.
Their very highly regarded Bermuda Form team works on a broad and varied range of insurance and reinsurance disputes involving resolution in the English Courts and in international arbitration proceedings, with a particular focus on the Bermuda Form.
The team regularly acts for Bermuda insurers and reinsurers, London market insurers and reinsurers and for other major insurers of the Bermuda Form. It has extensive experience in running high value, document intensive, coverage disputes to hearing at arbitration. In addition, the team acts or assists in arbitration or court proceedings in other jurisdictions including, notably, the United States (New York), Europe (Switzerland, Italy and France) and South America (Colombia and Venezuela).
The success of the team has meant they must recruit an additional Associate to better serve client demand.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor or barrister in England & Wales or another relevant jurisdiction, for example New York;
- At least two years’ experience in coverage law;
- A desire to pursue a specialism in insurance coverage and the Bermuda Form;
- Experience of/a demonstrable interest in arbitration;
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn;