Our client is a prestigious, international City firm, with an established reputation in the London legal market for attracting premium quality work and impressive clients.
We have recently been instructed to assist the firm’s Insolvency and Restructuring department in finding a mid to senior level lawyer to join their talented team. The team and its individual lawyers have been noted by the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners for their often multi-jurisdictional work. The R&I team works on a broad variety of matters including, but not limited to: liquidations, high value personal bankruptcy, fraud and asset recovery, international debt restructurings, distressed M&A, freezing orders, enforcement receiverships and general commercial litigation, in an insolvency context.
This role will focus principally on the contentious side, however it may be required to assist on non-contentious and advisory matters as necessary.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a talented litigator with relevant insolvency experience, preferably gained at another top-quality City firm;
- Be an ambitious, self-starter eager to progress their career by playing a significant role in business development for the team;
- Have a deep understanding of insolvency law, and excellent academic and professional qualifications;
- Be confident in overseeing the management of more junior associates, trainees and paralegals;
- Possess a cooperative and collaborative approach in working within the team to maximise efficiency in managing matters profitably.