An international shipping company is now expanding with the hire of a Legal Counsel to provide support on its operations and trading desk. This role presents an excellent opportunity for candidates wishing to transition in-house and applicants will need exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Strong commercial acumen will also be essential in providing legal support and risk management services to its parent and associated partners. Shipping, corporate or disputes experience will be looked upon favourably.
Successful candidates will possess:
- A recognised degree in Law and qualified in Singapore or England & Wales.
- At least 3 years of legal experience in the shipping/disputes or offshore industries, or alternatively, the shipping/corporate/disputes practice of a reputable law firm.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively manage key stakeholders and build internal relationships.
- Strong ability to work autonomously and within multi-functional teams.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic and multicultural environment.