This is a position for a strong Corporate M&A Lawyer, whose confidence expands an ability to work across a broad range of corporate work such as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. Your work will be international as well as in interesting emerging markets. You will have the competence to work with a good level of autonomy as well as alongside external legal firms. This position will suit a person whose level of post qualification experience is around 4-6 years.
Our client is a FTSE 100 located in Central London and this position sits within the corporate M&A team.
- Have strong academics and post qualified experience of approximately 4-6 years.
- Be qualified in England & Wales or another commonwealth law jurisdiction with relevant UK Corporate M&A experience.
- Have a strong background in Corporate M&A, JV transactions, take-outs, etc.
- Be adept at working with a variety of people including senior executives and stakeholders.
- Possess excellent skills which include a strong commercial sense and ability to get to the detail of a transaction.
- Have a strong eye for detail and ability to look at documents, market standards, warranties and indemnities and construct deals alongside external counsel.
- Have experience of working on deals where you have had to review, negotiate and construct new terms.
- Have worked in a reputable law firm and/or have a combination of experience, working in a reputable City practice and in-house.
- Enjoy the challenge of working on international deals for a PLC in a fast paced environment.
- Be an effective negotiator and communicator.
- Have an adaptive and flexible character and a strong commercial acumen.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for a person who enjoys the deals alongside working in an environment that is intellectually stimulating, technically challenging, rewarding, and very interesting. You will work at the heart of the business across strategic initiatives in a fast growing industry. You will get plenty of autonomy and responsibility across projects.