Our client is a highly regarded International Law firm with a reputation for being the go-to private client firm. They are currently looking to bring on board an Immigration Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) for a contract of 12 months, on a Part Time basis for 3-4 days a week. This is a newly formed role aimed at providing dedicated support to the ever-growing Immigration department.
The Immigration department is headed up by a Chambers ranked Partner. They are experienced in advising both individuals and corporate clients on their complex immigration matters to include the UK point-based system; sponsorship applications; investigations for immigration compliance; nationality applications; residency, travel and citizenship issues; spousal visas; applications for EEA nationals; investor and entrepreneur visas and exceptional talent immigration permissions. The team is also known for representing high-net worth and high-profile individuals within the banking, media, and entertainment sectors.
The successful Immigration Professional Support Lawyer can expect to:
- Provide support to the UK Immigration team with respect to changes and updates in Home Office law and policies. There will be a notable focus on the new immigration categories to be introduced in Spring 2022
- Work with the Head of Immigration and the marketing team to provide current information on the immigration web page; produce internal and external information sheets promoting the teams’ global immigration abilities; and produce fact sheets on key immigration categories (to include Investor, Global Talent and Sponsor Licence applications)
- Assist with pitch documents for potential clients
- Assist with internal presentations
- Create and maintain standard form and specialist precedents, example documents and process guides
- Identify documents that would benefit from automation and work with the relevant teams to test that automation is working as expected and reflects any updates to the document
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a Solicitor in England & Wales
- Upwards of 4 years’ PQE within Immigration, gained from a notable City or top tier regional team
- Previous experience as an Immigration Professional Support Lawyer would be beneficial but is not essential. Candidates with an Immigration fee earning background with an interest in transitioning into a PSL role are encouraged to apply
- Superb communication and project management skills
- Outstanding research skills
- A keen interest in providing training
- The ability to develop strong working relationships
The role is to start ASAP, so candidates should be available immediately or at short notice.
The firm operates a hybrid working pattern and candidates should be willing to spend a minimum of one day a week in their London office.
This role represents a superb opportunity for the successful candidate to further their Immigration PSL career, or transition from a fee earning role into a Professional Support Lawyer position.