This dynamic international specialist high-end dispute resolution law firm is looking for an additional mid-level Associate to assist primarily on commercial matters (and potentially some competition matters as required).
The firm specialises in complex disputes, and has particular expertise in competition, financial services, and human rights law. They act almost exclusively for claimants and the client base is diverse, ranging from multinational corporations to SMEs and private individuals.
In this role, you will:
- Take an active role on Commercial Disputes across a portfolio of cases. Contribution to strategic decision-making, as well as the day-to-day running of cases, are central to this role.
- Deal with claims at the pre-litigation stage, including preparing claim forms and particulars of claim and engaging in pre-action protocol correspondence and dialogues.
- Manage large scale disclosure exercises.
- Prepare witness evidence, assist experts with preparing expert analysis and reports and assist in pursuing interim applications.
- Contribute to settlement negotiations, at all stages of the litigation.
- In addition to the commercial portfolio, work on large competition cases, and so developing an even more varied skill set.
- Engage actively in business development including working up new ideas for claims and contributing our thought leadership.
- Contribute to the firms learning and development programme, including delivering training.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Strong academics and a high level of intellectual rigour.
- Training and 2-4 years’ PQE gained within the disputes department at a leading international law firm.
- Experience of competition-related disputes is not essential, but would be highly regarded.
- First rate drafting skills.
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- Resilience under pressure.
- The ability to deal with clients in a relaxed and confident manner.
Ideally, you will have experience of actions involving multiple claimants and/or defendants (experience of dealing with funders/insurers is also desirable, but again, not essential).
This is an exceptional role within a very highly regarded specialist law firm.