Our client is a globally recognised financial institution which is now looking to hire a Head of Legal & Compliance. This leadership role oversees all regulatory and legal affairs for the L&C team in Singapore whilst managing key regulatory correspondences with relevant authorities. With complete oversight of the team in Singapore, you will spearhead strategic legal and compliance matters for the bank and advise on the Bank’s policies, systems and guidelines relation to AML, compliance, legal, operational risk and AML matters. A key hire for the bank, applicants will have managed a large team in a similar capacity and possess strong mandarin skills in order to liaise with regional stakeholders.
Successful candidates will possess:
- A recognised degree in law or accountancy and prior expertise leading and managing a large compliance or legal department.
- Proven working knowledge of local banking products and regulations.
- Solid mandarin and communication skills to liaise with regional key stakeholders.
- Excellent management and leadership skills to work in tandem with internal and external stakeholders and regulators.
- Experience in advising on the banking regulatory framework in Singapore
- Strong ability to work autonomously and within multi-functional teams.