An opportunity has arisen at a multinational organisation to lead their internal Audit programme, based in Dubai. They are a major ecommerce/media business that reach over a number of different entities that sit within the group. This role will report to the board, and experience of being in a company whilst going though an IPO would be beneficial.
As a Head of Internal Audit, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the risk-based audit plan. You will be responsible to ensure effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management, internal controls environment, as well as adherence to defined operational & business KPIs.
- Building an effective risk-based internal audit strategy and monitor its implementation.
- Establishing risk-based audit policy, procedures, and guidelines in accordance with the industry best practices.
- Providing subject-matter expertise and assistance with audits.
- Performing risk-based audits and testing to identify risks or exposures related to internal controls and compliance, providing feedback on improving the operational processes.
- Overseeing the execution of individual audits – internal and external as required by the organisation, and ensuring the audit work maintains the guidelines.
- Keeping well informed about critical business and technology initiatives and projects, and ensuring appropriate protocols are designed and implemented.
- Responsible for preparation of Audit control materials, and conducting training for the stakeholders as required.
- Producing high quality reports at the end of audit process with detailed description of the risks and proposed solutions to mitigate the risk.
- Responsible for building, mentoring, and coaching the Internal audit team.
- Keeping up to date with the local and international audit developments, laws, and regulations.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s in accounting or finance, Business Administration, OR IA Audit.
- Knowledge in implementing and managing internal audit policies and processes across the globe in a multinational organisation.
- Knowledge in Industry audit standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 4 of those leading IA teams within a multinational organisation.