An exciting opportunity has arisen within a prestigious group in Saudi Arabia to lead the global trade controls functions within one of the key subsidiaries. In this role, you will be required to liaise and report into the CEO, as well as liaise with key functions in the group (e.g. legal, compliance, risk etc). You will manage and develop a team across multiple different sites within a growing and developing business.
Organising and executing the businesses Trade Controls Program within the business.
- Conducting denied party screening of all vendors, suppliers, employees, and visitors.
- Developing and delivering the trade control training and presentations specifically tailored to the business unit’s operational model.
- Providing advanced level trade controls training to senior management and executives.
- Leading determinations of what authorisations are required for export/import control related activities, defence services, and technical data release.
- Creating and maintaining a company wide facility and technology control plan (TCP), and ensuring sufficient resources are allocated to execute it.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Maintaining relationships with suppliers to the business, specifically related to export licenses – Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing License Agreements, and others.
- Maintaining a license tracker, providing oversight of all activities occurring pursuant to a license across all job sites.
- Appointing Global Trade Compliance Leads (GTC Leads) at each job site, and then managing their training, activities, performance, and reporting requirements.
- Leading strategic analysis of company issues around trade control compliance.
- Communicating and driving implementation of the trade control policy and standards at all levels (internally and externally).
- Ensuring record-keeping is in place and auditable.
- Leading the development of new trade control policies, standards and processes within functional and business areas specifically tailored to the business’s operational model.
- Advising on applications for export control authorisations.
- Providing direction on business import/export activities.
- Reviewing audit findings, and developing a strategy for the completion of recommendations.
- Strategic overview of investigations and disclosures.
- Identifying systemic weaknesses and formulates strategies for improvement.
- Identifying multi-jurisdictional export control issues and leads with accurate and timely decision making by calling upon coordinating the knowledge and experience of the businesses, export control subject matter experts and other functions.
- Providing strategic advice on determination of export control rating/classification.
- Playing a key role in export control risk reviews and/or managing the outputs at the most complex level.
- Making a key contribution to business or cross-function strategic risk management process, looking at the export control implications of initiatives/trends such as globalisation, supply chain innovation, outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic alliances.
- Acting as the main export control interface with the business risk teams.
- At least 7 years’ trade control experience at a large international manufacturing, aerospace, or defence company.
- At least 4 years’ experience managing a trade compliance program across multiple job sites.
- Ideally have a Certified Export Compliance Professional (ECoP) or similar certification.
- Degree Qualified.