Our client is a major UK headquartered global law firm, with an established and longstanding reputation in all the markets in which it operates.
Their specialist funds group has expertise in all fund types: open or closed-ended, institutional or retail, private or listed, partnership or corporate, authorised or unauthorised. The UK-based team is part of a globally integrated funds group, which advises clients wherever they are operating. They have particular expertise in the formation of funds in the private equity, energy, and infrastructure sectors.
The team are recognised experts in fund formation and also advise on debt finance; fund mergers and restructuring; carry restructuring; secondary transfers; and regulatory affairs. The group holds relationships with regulators, depositaries, administrators and placing agents, which facilitates smooth transactions. They have particular expertise in the formation of funds in the private equity, energy, and infrastructure sectors.
Increasing client demand for their services has led to a vacancy at Senior Associate (most like 5+ PQE) level.
In this role, you will be responsible for a broad variety of work including Private Funds, Joint Ventures and/or Corporate Real Estate transactions (or to specialise in one or more of those areas). Because the team has an international focus, there will be the opportunity for cross border work.
In order to be successful in your application, you will be a qualified lawyer, with experience gained from a respected City firm or overseas equivalent. You will mostly likely have:
- At least 5 years’ PQE (for the right person, there is no upper limit of PQE);
- Demonstrable relevant experience as a Funds lawyer in private practice;
- Ideally, broad experience of fund formation in private equity, energy and infrastructure
- A strong academic background, excellent drafting skills and the ability to translate legal theory into practical advice;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly with clients;
- The ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
- An ambition to succeed, and commitment to client relationship management and business development.
As this is a client facing role, you will need to have sound judgement and good interpersonal and consultancy skills.