An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a financial systems analyst to work at a leading international law firm. This role sits within the finance department, and can be located in either the Jersey, Ireland, or London office.
The financial systems analyst will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day function of the firm’s finance systems, and will provide assistance to delivering a set of ongoing improvement programmes, encompassing user support, finance systems operational support and application support.
- Acting as an administrator for the finance systems, ensuring the systems available meet business needs
- Providing support service responding to queries from fee earners, secretaries, HR, BD and finance staff
- Assisting with the evaluation of upgrades, patches and fixes
- Assisting with the delivery of finance and IT projects
- Updating finance systems, as well as running regular systems routines such as month end processing
- Performing, evaluating, and communicating thorough quality assurance at every stage of systems development
- Analysing workflows to develop efficient procedures and processes for all stakeholders
- Assisting application managers in translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Creating ad-hoc reports for business applications
- Creating and executing T-SQL scripts and stored procedures
- Providing support on current finance systems projects, and review of current working practices with a view to streamlining and improvement
Main experience and skills required:
- Experience of working with SQL/SSRS, as well as the ability to run queries unsupervised.
- Ability to source data in response to ad-hoc data requests, either via standard PMS reports or running SQL queries where required.
- Prior experience using Aderant Expert, Elite 3E, Enterprise, or other PMS would be desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Excellent attention to detail – a high level of accuracy is essential.
To be considered for this role, you need to be confident, proactive and solutions orientated. Also required is the ability to communicate effectively to multiple stakeholders at varying levels across the business.
This is an exciting role that offers a competitive salary and plenty of opportunity to progress.