One of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms is looking for a Financial Services Regulatory lawyer to join their market-leading practice which helps clients throughout the world navigate complex and sensitive regulatory challenges.
The firm has specialists across their truly global network of offices, with expertise covering the full spectrum of regulation, including authorisations and approvals; regulatory change; the regulatory aspects of transactions or restructurings; governance; risk management and compliance; market conduct; complaints handling; financial crime; and enforcement and investigations.
Clients include both traditional and challenger banks, investment firms (including broker-dealers and trading venues), asset managers, market infrastructure providers and other financial institutions, and advice covers the gamut of financial services law and regulation, including all major UK/EU regulatory regimes, such as CRR/CRD, MiFID II, SMCR, MAR, EMIR, PSD2 and AIFMD. The team regularly advises on the most strategic and challenging projects, including structuring and authorisation of new businesses, post-Brexit strategy and restructuring, corporate governance and senior management responsibility, regulatory change and commercial projects (including outsourcing), new business and product structuring, high-value and complex financial sector M&A, and BAU regulatory and compliance matters.
As an in-depth understanding of regulatory policy and process (and how it impacts on the firm’s clients) is crucial, this team values a broader range of experience than many of its competitors. Several Partners and other senior members of the team have gained experience in-house either with the regulator or within financial institutions. Associates regularly spend time on secondment with clients and with regulators.
Due to increased client demand for their services in these changing times, the team is looking to grow with an additional Associate in London. In this role you will handle both UK domestic and international advisory and transactional/commercial projects regulatory work. Clients may come from all parts of Financial Services industry, and if it is of interest you will have the opportunity to become involved in contentious work.
In order to be considered for a role in this high-quality team, you will have:
- Approximately 1-4 years’ post-qualification experience in financial services regulatory work;
- Experience of dealing with large, complex and multi-jurisdictional matters, most likely gained across several segments of the Financial Services sector: banks, payment services/e-money firms, interdealer brokers, asset managers, private equity firms, insurers, insurance intermediaries, and energy sector clients.
- A very strong academic background.
- A sharp, enquiring mind, and accurate analytical, advisory, and drafting skills;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner;
For solicitors with appropriate equivalent common-law experience based abroad, an excellent sponsorship and relocation package will also be available.