One of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms is looking for an additional Junior Associate to join their market-leading Financial Services Regulatory practice, which helps clients throughout the world navigate complex and sensitive regulatory challenges.
As an in-depth understanding of regulatory policy and process (and how it impacts on the firm’s clients) is crucial, this team values a broader range of experience (and offers a wider range of work) than many of its competitors. Several Partners and other senior members of the team have gained experience in-house, either with the relevant regulator or within financial institutions. Associates regularly spend time on secondment with clients and with regulators.
Due to a structural gap in the team, they are now looking for an additional Associate in London, probably with between 0 (Newly Qualified) and 4 years’ PQE.
This role will involve both advisory and transactional/commercial projects regulatory work; both UK domestic and international. Clients could be across many parts of the FS industry, both wholesale and retail, including banks, payment services/emoney firms, interdealer brokers, asset managers, private equity firms, insurers, insurance intermediaries, financial market infrastructure and energy sector clients. Unusually, as a non-contentious Associate in this team you will also have the highly valuable opportunity of becoming involved in contentious work if of interest (to broaden your experience).
In order to be considered for a role in this high-quality team, you will have:
- Probably 0-4 years’ experience in financial services regulatory work (if you are an NQ, this will probably have been a seat in your Training Contract, and you will have qualified into a respected non-contentious regulatory practice);
- Some experience of dealing with large, complex and multi-jurisdictional matters, preferably gained across several segments of the Financial Services sectors listed above;
- A very strong academic background;
- A sharp, enquiring mind, and accurate analytical, advisory, and drafting skills;
- The ability to grasp difficult legal concepts, see issues from a commercial perspective, and communicate legal advice effectively;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner;
This is a premium opportunity to join a market leading law firm with an outstanding reputation.