One of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms are looking for at least one mid-level (2-4 PQE) Finance associate to join their award-winning, top ranked international finance practice.
The team advises both listed and unlisted corporates on their debt financing and treasury needs. They work on a wide range of financing transactions including acquisition, leveraged finance, and public bid finance.
The practice has expanded to reflect broadening corporate treasury roles; they often advise businesses on covenant support arrangements provided to other stakeholders, perhaps in relation to pension covenant arrangements or supply chain financing.
The team also assists with debt raisings across the loan and private placement markets (both UK, US and European financings) as well as on trade finance, recourse and non-recourse receivables and borrowing-base financings and finance leasing. Partners in the team are regularly appointed by bidders and the global investment banks to advise on the implementation of Takeover Code compliant bid financing arrangements, and the team is called on to assist clients in optimising their debt capital structures and taking advantage of the arbitrage opportunities of raising debt across different products and markets.
In order to be considered for a role in this this sought after team, you will have:
- Trained and probably gained between two and four years’ broad post-qualification experience in the Finance team of a City, international, or strong regional law firm;
- Willingness to learn and the ability to work hard;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- First rate drafting skills;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner;
For solicitors with appropriate equivalent common-law experience based abroad, an excellent sponsorship and relocation package will also be available.