Our client is a tier one award winning national law firm. They are currently looking to appoint a Head of Family for their Birmingham offering.
This will be an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded, ambitious Family solicitor, who has gained experience working in one of the City’s other strong Family teams. This exciting opportunity will head up a team of solicitors who focus on the Birmingham and West Midlands family circuit. The role will oversee and help build the team of junior solicitors, to excel in their work and careers, but to also work alongside the team’s other Partner to push the firm’s profile in the City and surrounding areas, engaging new clients and building relationships both internally with the national team and externally with potential referrers of work.
The team consists of carefully selected solicitors who have all gained excellent training. They are supported by a team of paralegals and legal assistants.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- UK qualified solicitor
- Senior Associate to Partner level
- Trained, and with continuous experience from a national or leading regional Family team
- Private family work only
- Main focus on Divorce and Finances
- Team leader/management experience
- Business generator/strong networking skills
- The ability to mentor, encourage and support junior members of the department
- An approachable attitude