A leading law firm with over 1000 people worldwide with headquarters in London, and 8 offices across Asia, Europe and the Middle East, are continuing with their rapid growth, and are now looking for an Enterprise Business Analyst.
Purpose of the role:
The Enterprise Business Analyst (BA) will work closely with business stakeholders and the enterprise architects, and is responsible for a full range of requirements gathering, assessment, and analysis of technology, data architecture, innovation solutions, and Business Intelligence activities. The role is accountable for engaging with stakeholders to: Gain deep holistic understanding of the data driven and reporting analytics needs of the business. Define solutions specifications for application development and implementation. Define optimal technology processes and models and make recommendations for operational effectiveness, and determine activities for new change initiatives defining scope, benefits and estimated cost.
- Engaging in strategic analysis and assessment of technology capabilities, aligning with enterprise architects to ensure fit-for-purpose solutions;
- Determining, creating, and communicating clear solution benefits realisation plans.
- Developing a detailed understanding of the components that make up business intelligence and analytics reporting, their purpose, their capacity and performance levels to provide a solid basis for generating key trusted business insight.
- Liaising with SME’s, data owners, and business area leaders to identify opportunities and challenges to current business intelligence and reporting processes.
- Engaging in analysis of existing data reporting environment as well as requirements elicitation and assessment of desired future state
- Conducting requirements gathering sessions to build key reporting use cases; catalogue and validate requirements before they are passed to the development team, ensuring clear agreed prioritisation of deliverables.
- Contributing to the business intelligence and data analytics roadmap planning for continuous improvement, and process evolution.
- Engaging with business stakeholders to define solution business case on cross functional projects, ensuring clear definition of approach, scope, adoption and acceptance criteria.
- Acting as a bridge between the technology and innovation teams, validating the requirements of the design of systems underpinning the innovation project portfolio.
- Requirement elicitation using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Feasibilities studies to interpret and determine client needs and how those needs fit into global priorities.
- Managing of expectations by proactively building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborating with developers, architects, and subject matter experts to analyse and establish trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Preparing of documentation including, but not limited to functional specifications, and business cases with clear identification of solution options, cost, resources, and tangible benefits.
- Critically evaluating of information gathered from multiple sources, reconciliation of conflicts, decomposition of high-level information into details, abstraction of low-level information to a general understanding; clearly distinguishing user requests from true business needs.
- Assessing process improvements, including global policies or procedures, with the aim of improving accuracy, consistency, and efficiency of data architecture.
- Must have experience of KPIs and business data management.
- 5+ years’ practical experience in business analysis tools and techniques in an agile environment using agile practices.
- Experience with BI and analysis of end-to-end reporting solutions, based on data exploration from multiple systems.
- Experience with data analytics, business process mapping and data profiling.
- Formal degree or certification in business analysis
- Ability to respond quickly to requests, manage time effectively, work under pressure and prioritise conflicting demands.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to untangle complex problems in imaginative and creative ways.
- Exposure to ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus
This role is hybrid and based in London, with a 2 days WFH and 3 days in office.
The firm offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a great platform to progress your career.