We are working very closely with a market-leading Alternative Legal Service Provider in their search for Energy Lawyers would be interested in securing In House secondment contracts with FTSE100 clients.
Candidates are likely to have upwards of 2 years’ PQE, be available immediately or at short notice, and have exposure to and a focus on the energy and renewables sector.
Contracts are generally for circa 6 months in duration and often have the potential for further extension.
Candidates looking to work full-time, 5 days a week, or part-time, are encouraged to apply. Roles can be with clients based in London or across the UK and generally embrace either a hybrid or remote working pattern, but this will be assessed on a case by case, role by role, basis.
Candidates are likely to have a specific focus on the energy and renewables sector and be able to advise on a variety of complex contracts including commercial, purchase agreements and construction.
Successful candidates are likely to be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a solicitor in England & Wales, or another commonwealth jurisdiction (such as Australia or New Zealand, for instance)
- Ideally upwards of 2 years’ PQE in handling a full range of energy and renewables matters
- Experience gained from notable City, International or leading West End firms, or notable in house teams
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- A genuine desire to become an integral part of an In House legal team and the ability to work with minimal direction
- The ability to instruct external counsel on complex legal matters outside their remit, for instance like IP, insurance and compliance matters
- The ability to start a new role immediately or at relatively short notice