Our client is a market leading legal service provider in London. They are keen to see Employment Lawyers who would be interested in securing In-House secondment contracts. Ideally, candidates are likely to have upwards of 3 years’ PQE and be available at short notice or immediately.
Contracts are likely to be for an initial duration of 6 months, and often have the potential for further extension. There is the potential for some roles to be 100% remote, whereas others will adopt a hybrid mix of office and home working. Part time and full time options are also available.
Ideal candidates will have significant employment advisory experience and possess a strong private practice grounding with additional in-house experience (either direct or via secondments). Experience in advising clients within the Financial Services sector will be of notable interest but is not essential. Whilst employment advisory experience is preferable, candidates with a mixture of contentious and non-contentious experience will also be considered.
Experience in the following would be ideal:
- Advising on discipline and performance management
- Practical and legal advice surrounding recruitment, hiring and employee relations
- Cases involving discrimination, harassment, termination, redundancies and leaves of absence
- Advising on compensation, benefits and commissions issues
- Developing, drafting and implementing company policies, agreements, standards and business procedures
- Working collaboratively with business partners and stakeholders to identify and solve problems
- Providing employment advice with respect to multiple company locations – spanning many jurisdictions
- TUPE regulations
In order to be considered, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualification as a Solicitor in England & Wales, or another commonwealth jurisdiction (such as Australia or New Zealand, for example)
- Strong academic record and post-qualification experience
- Experience gained from leading International or City Law Firms combined with in-house legal experience (whether direct or as a secondee)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environments
- Excellent commercial understanding
Successful candidates are likely to be seconded to notable In-House clients, to include large FTSE100 companies.
Due to demand, candidates should ideally be available at short notice or immediately.