Our client is an established legal consultancy that works closely with high growth SMEs and Start-Ups and their founding teams on their journeys through funding rounds, scaling plans and exiting high-growth ventures. They are looking to recruit additional employment lawyers on a flexible consultancy basis.
Successful candidates can expect to advise on the employment aspects of corporate transactions. Experience and a genuine interest in providing advice on a full array of corporate support matters is vital. The team works very closely with high growth, venture capital-backed start ups and scale ups across a range of sectors, but predominately within the tech sector, on their corporate transactions. They are keen to bolster the employment law assistance they can provide on these corporate transactions, hence why they are looking to work with an experienced employment lawyer who can advise on such matters, on a consultancy basis.
Experience in the following would be of notable interest:
- Advising on employment due diligence
- Drafting employment provisions in transactional documents, such as asset or share purchase agreements, including employment related warranties and indemnities
- Advising on the effect of TUPE on relevant business transfers and service provision changes – including in relation to information and consultation requirements and the effect of TUPE on employment contracts and any related liabilities
- Post-completion harmonisation of terms and conditions of employment
- Advising on pre and post-completion dismissals
- Calculating employment related liabilities connected with acquisitions and mergers
- Advising on transaction related bonuses and other incentives as required
This is a non-exclusive consultancy opportunity that can run alongside other engagements, paying an hourly rate.
Successful consultants can be based globally but should ideally be qualified in England & Wales, possess upwards of 8 years’ PQE and have notable experience gained in England & Wales – either within top tier law firms, or notable in house organisations.