An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Development Manager to join a successful law firm in London on a permanent basis.
The Development Manager will be responsible for leading a small team of Analyst Developers whilst working closely with the Global Head of Business Systems. You will manage the gathering and analysis of requirements, designing, developing and testing robust IT systems to support the firm’s rapid expansion and need for enhanced information to support business operations.
The role sits within the Business systems team so you will be developing, enhancing and supporting business applications alongside a team of finance and systems analysts. Hands-on design, UI, development and SQL skills will be required alongside the management of the full development lifecycle.
As a technical expert, the Development Manager will assess the overall requirements, determine different options for how it might be engineered, specify interfaces, and highlight dependencies on external systems. You will also prepare functional design specifications, prototypes for evaluation and manage stakeholder expectations surrounding delivery and testing
Main areas of focus:
- Key technical resource for Systems and transformation projects
- Delivery of IT applications to meet business needs
- Collaborating with project managers to ensure that applications are delivered in the timescales expected
- Helping to deploy applications to the firm by following the firm’s deployment strategy
- Preparing technical documentation as required
- Providing support to live systems
- Working with and helping direct external consultants / suppliers if required
- Software applications to mobile and desktop users on a Microsoft Windows platform
- Technical analysis and supporting documentation
- Solution outlines and detailed specifications
- System functional design, non-functional requirements, and interface specifications
- Documentation for deployment configuration, handover and operational support
- Test data design and key test scenarios
- Prototypes and evaluation systems (quick return on investment / minimum viable product)
Technical skills required:
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages
- Experience in SQL including writing efficient queries, stored procedures and ETL etc
- C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net.
- Data integration experience is an advantage
- Report design / SSRS & Power BI experience.
- Good knowledge of XML.
- Strong management experience with a willingness to mentor colleagues
- Highly self-motivated and keen to learn new skills (enthusiastic and willing)
- Proactive, energetic and enthusiastic with high professional standards
- Able to work under pressure, calm and not easily ruffled
- Good communicator with high levels of interpersonal skills –
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated to complete tasks accurately and on (or ahead of) time
- Team player, with flexible attitude and collaborative approach to work and work colleagues
This role would suit a clear and confident communicator who’s looking for the opportunity to build and enhance applications as well as managing a team. Ideally, you will have solid programming experience in a professional environment, ideally in a law firm.
The company is offering a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package.