One of the fastest growing global groups is looking for a highly experienced Data Privacy Risk Manager. This position will sit within the Data Privacy Office for the entire group, and oversee a wide range of different industries and activities.
In this role you will work with other experienced data privacy professionals to deliver a range of data privacy activities to ensure that compliance with applicable regulations and state-of-the-art data privacy framework is operationalised and evolved. The Data Privacy Office is a new function and will evolve rapidly to support the needs to the business. Therefore, the Data Privacy Risk Manager will be required to bring a broad set of data privacy knowledge and experience to support the growth of the team. They will be expected to multi-task within the office in addition to focusing on the specialist areas set out below.
The Data Privacy Risk Manager will be the member of the DPO, which is the primary touchpoint with the enterprise risk, legal & compliance teams. They will therefore have a strong background in the legal aspects of data privacy and advise on technical aspects of privacy law and privacy regulation. They will have a focus on the following processes within the Data Privacy Office:
- Contracts and Data Processing Agreements (DPAs)
- Data Privacy Notices
- Breach Notifications
Work Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a privacy office of a global organisation
- Proven experience of working with multiple departments to support the delivery of the team’s goals
- Experience in working with multiple data privacy regulations
- Proven experience of working with 3rd party suppliers to support the delivery of the team’s goals
- Experience in drafting Privacy Notices, DPAs & Legal contract templates
- Experience in monitoring and implementing ongoing compliance, preferably around data privacy
- Bachelor level degree in a relevant field, e.g. Law, Computer Engineering, Data Management, or significant data privacy work experience
Data Protection certifications are preferred, such as Certified Information Privacy Professional /Europe (CIPP/E) and/or Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)