Our client, a City law firm, is based in a friendly office on the bank of the Thames, a short stroll from St. Paul’s cathedral in London. The firm has a real social conscience, and is a big player in advising “Profit for Purpose”; commercially-driven businesses which are committed to creating a positive impact on society and the environment. Interest, experience, and/or passion for this ethos would be very highly regarded.
The firm has recently hired a new Corporate Partner to focus on investments made with the intention to generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. His practice helps purposeful organisations achieve real positive impact, very much in line with the firm’s strategic direction.
In this team you will have the opportunity to cover a broad range of corporate legal work with a particular focus on Impact Investing; advising ESG-focused clients on mergers & acquisitions, and corporate finance transactions in the small to mid-cap market. Lawyers are encouraged to pursue their personal interests through their practice, and you will have the opportunity to develop and practice management skills, contribute to business development, and work cross-departmentally with firm clients through the firm’s strong sector group structure. For the right candidate, there are genuine prospects for career advancement; the firm is looking to hire a Senior Associate who can be a partner of the future (though if partnership isn’t on your radar, there will be fulfilling long term options available too).
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor and gained at least 5 years’ PQE in corporate matters, particularly M&A, ideally from a City, international or high quality regional firm;
- A client-centric approach and the ability to build, maintain and nurture internal and external relationships;
- An understanding of the value of a collaborative approach;
- A results-focused mentality, and genuine interest in the work you do for your clients; and
- Attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A generous salary, flexible working pattern, and benefits package will be available to successful applicants.