We are working with a ranked boutique London law firm, who are looking to expand their consultancy model. The firm is currently looking to increase their corporate consultant offering due to a steady increase in corporate instructions.
The firm’s consultant lawyers do not need to have a book of business, as they are provided with pre-qualified work directly from the firm that has already gone through the necessary verifications and AML checks. Consultant lawyers are not exclusive to the firm, and can work on other work streams alongside this. Their workload will flex according to their capacity and can also be 100% remote.
A vast majority of the corporate work is for private companies. The team often advise on:
- Corporate M&A
- Structuring MBOs
- Corporate restructuring
- Private equity investment and venture capital agreements
- Shareholder agreements and joint ventures
Successful consultants will have full back-office support, with the firm handling all AML checks, terms of engagement, payment on account, billing and credit control.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a Solicitor in England & Wales
- Upwards of 10 years’ PQE in handling a full range of corporate matters
- Experience gained within notable law firms and/or in-house legal teams
- A genuine desire to work on a consultancy basis
- An entrepreneurial mindset
The firm operates a competitive remuneration structure for their consultants which is market leading. This is a superb opportunity for experienced corporate lawyers to further their career as a consultant with a reputable firm in London.