Our client is an impressive international law firm which punches well above its weight and regularly works across the table and appears in the rankings tables with much larger Magic Circle and US firms.
Perhaps best known for their clear sector focus, the firm’s highly regarded Corporate team in London concludes complex and often market-leading transactions for their clients, which are biased towards but not exclusively including the Real Estate, Transport, and Energy sectors.
- Corporate finance and securities transactions;
- Private equity and venture capital;
- Strategic alliances and projects; and
- Commercial agreements.
Clients include international and domestic issuers, investment banks and corporate financiers, private equity and other investment funds, public and private companies and private individuals.
The corporate team is busy. To support a strong pipeline of new and existing client work, they are now looking for an additional Senior Corporate Associate to join the London office. Suitable candidates may come from other City/International firms or strong regional practices. The firm has also hired plenty of foreign-qualified Associates, and candidates with high quality relevant experience from strong firms in other Common law jurisdictions should feel welcome to apply – those with recent London experience will be preferred.
The firm and Corporate group in particular is known for nurturing Associate careers and promoting from within, and for the right candidates there will be a path to partnership. If that’s not for you, there will be other interesting long term career options as a respected senior member of the team.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Excellent academics
- Training and probably 5+ years’ post-qualification experience at a City, international, or highly regarded regional law firm
- Strong legal, analytical and transaction management and execution skills.
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- An organised and methodical approach, and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work within a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- A proactive and confident attitude with a high level of initiative