Our client is an exceptional international law firm. Their market-leading Corporate Energy & Infrastructure team is consistently ranked at the top of the legal directories for energy, power and infrastructure work. They have acted on some of the most complex and high profile energy and infrastructure projects in the past ten years. They act for both financial and industry parties on M&A, other corporate transactions and complex commercial transactions, and also for project procurers, developers and lenders on the development of power/infrastructure assets.
Due to a strong and growing pipeline of work, this group are now looking for an additional high quality Senior Associate for their London office.
In order to be considered for this exceptional opportunity, you will have:
- Probably at least 5 years’ PQE.
- Excellent academics.
- Demonstrable experience of corporate/commercial transactions and/or projects and working with clients within the energy/power/infrastructure space.
- Ideally, experience of some or all of private M&A; other corporate transactions such as joint ventures; complex commercial contracts; project development; and utility sector regulation.
- Aptitude to work on large, high profile and technically complicated transactions.
- Willingness to learn and the ability to work hard.
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach.
- First rate drafting skills.
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
Candidates with good corporate experience but without specific power and/or infrastructure sector background will also be of interest, though such experience would be a bonus (and an interest in working in those sectors is important).
The Partners in this team are recruiting for the future, and looking for new hires who can share their vision and grow with the practice group.