Our client is a major global law firm. Their corporate team undertakes high quality corporate transactional work for clients ranging from large blue chip organisations to smaller commercial entities.
The firm’s international focus means that Associates have the opportunity for cross border work and international transactions across key industry sectors (as well as exposure to clients) early in their careers. The team is tremendously busy and the pipeline of work is looking solid for at least the first half of 2022 and beyond; as a result they are looking for additional Associates.
This is a broad based role and in it you will be responsible for a variety of work including Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Private Equity, and Capital Markets. As well as fee-earning responsibilities, you’ll also have a hand in developing professional client relationships, and supporting Partners as well as the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm (including involvement in marketing events). Where appropriate you’ll also be responsible for managing and supervising the work of more junior lawyers and trainees.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor and gained between 1 and 5 years broad post-qualification experience in the corporate department of a City, international or high quality regional firm (foreign-qualified lawyers welcome with minor PQE discount to reflect lack of/shorter training contract);
- Excellent drafting skills and the ability to translate legal theory into practical advice;
- Sound judgement and good interpersonal/consultancy skills;
- The ability to communicate succinctly with clients and colleagues; and
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of running your own files and assisting partners on more complex, higher value deals and transactions;
This position is a stellar opportunity to take your career to the next level with a top ranked, high profile team at a leading global law firm.