Our client is a major global law firm. Their London corporate team undertakes high quality corporate transactional work for clients ranging from large blue chip organisations to smaller commercial entities.
The firm’s international focus means that Associates have the opportunity for cross border work and international transactions, and they have a particular requirement for mid-senior level Associates for their London office with expertise across key industry sectors, in particular:
- Hotels & Leisure
- Consumer Product
- Real Estate
This is a broad based role and in it you will be responsible for a variety of work including Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Private Equity, and Capital Markets. As well as fee-earning responsibilities, as an up-and-coming Associate you’ll also have a hand in developing professional client relationships, and supporting Partners as well as the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm (including involvement in marketing events). Where appropriate you’ll also be responsible for managing and supervising the work of more junior lawyers and trainees.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor and gained at least 3 years’ post-qualification experience of working with clients in either the Hotels/Leisure, Consumer Products, or Real Estate sectors, in the corporate department of a City, international or high quality regional firm (foreign-qualified lawyers welcome with minor PQE discount to reflect lack of/shorter training contract).
- Excellent drafting skills and the ability to translate legal theory into practical advice.
- Sound judgement and good interpersonal/consultancy skills.
- The ability to communicate succinctly with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of running your own files and assisting partners on more complex, higher value deals and transactions.
This position is a stellar opportunity to take your career to the next level with a top ranked, high profile team at a leading global law firm.