One of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms is looking for a Construction Disputes Senior Associate to join their market-leading practice.
The team advises on disputes both in the UK and around the globe (collaborating with colleagues in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the US) in sectors as diverse as transport, telecommunications, defence and social infrastructure (including PPP/PFI), power (including renewables) and energy. They act for parties on all sides of these projects, including contractors, subcontractors, employers, consultants, banks and equity participants.
The team has in-depth knowledge of all forms of dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration, adjudication, dispute board proceedings, expert determination and mediation, but due to increased client demand and the balance of the current team in London, they are now looking for an additional Senior Associate with strong experience in arbitration. In this role, you will assist on a range of complex and significant construction and infrastructure disputes.
In order to be considered for a role in this high-quality team, you will have:
- Trained and probably gained at least five years’ post-qualification experience in the construction disputes team of a City, international, or strong regional law firm;
- A detailed grasp of complex legal concepts affecting the construction and infrastructure industries, and practiced familiarity with the major standard forms of construction and engineering contracts;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Some experience in supervising and developing more Junior Associates and Trainees; certainly you will be able to delegate and manage work appropriately, co-ordinate matters or work streams and act (as appropriate) as lead associate on some client matters and as part of a larger team on others;
- The ability to support the wider team in pitching, marketing and thought leadership activities;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner;
For solicitors with appropriate equivalent common-law experience based abroad, an excellent sponsorship and relocation package will also be available.
This is a premium opportunity to join a market leading law firm with an outstanding reputation.