This exciting opportunity is with a leading international law firm that works with many of the Fortune 500 firms. They are looking for a Conflicts Lawyer to join the London office, and support the Conflicts and New Business Intake Team. They will be responsible for legal research, analysis and provide counsel on matters relating to conflicts of interest.
- Assisting the Firm’s Office of General Counsel, Compliance Officer and New Business Intake Department with conflicts of interest, ethics and professional responsibility issues, compliance, and other matters.
- Providing knowledge of conflicts rules, as well as other ethics and professional responsibilities rules and laws in the Europe, United States, Asia and South America.
- Working with non-qualified conflict staff to identify, analyse and resolve ethical and business conflict issues related to requests for proposals.
- Experience using intake and conflicts products to perform conflicts checks – experience with Intapp’s new business intake and conflicts modules is desired.
- Performing legal research and analysis relating to conflicts or other matters about ethics and/or professional responsibility.
- Reviewing and recommending revisions to outside counsel guidelines and other terms, and negotiating same.
- Completing special projects under the direction of the Managing Director of Conflicts and New Business Intake and/or the Office of General Counsel.
Key Attributes required:
- England and Wales qualified solicitor with c.2 years’ PQE within a conflicts position at a mid to large law firm.
- Experience using various databases such as Intapp.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
The firm strives to employ a diverse workforce that is committed to providing the best service, incorporating innovative approaches, and seeking professional growth. They provide excellent career progression within and encourage a collaborative environment, so the team ensures success. This is combined with a generous compensation package to ensure employee well-being.