This exciting opportunity is with a leading international law firm that works with many of the Fortune 500 firms. They are looking for a Conflicts Attorney to join their Washington DC-based Conflicts and New Business Intake Team and be responsible for legal research, analysis and provide counsel on matters relating to conflicts of interest.
- Assisting the Firm’s Office of General Counsel, Compliance Officer and New Business Intake Department with conflicts of interest, ethics and professional responsibility issues, compliance, and other matters.
- Providing knowledge of conflicts rules as well as other ethics and professional responsibilities rules and laws in the United States, Europe, Asia and South America.
- Working with non-attorney conflict staff to identify, analyze and resolve ethical and business conflict issues related to requests for proposals.
- Performing legal research and analysis relating to conflicts or other matters about ethics, and/or professional responsibility.
- Reviewing and recommending revisions to outside counsel guidelines and other terms, and negotiating same.
- Completing special projects under the direction of the Managing Director of Conflicts and New Business Intake and/or the Office of General Counsel.
Key Attributes required:
- Juris Doctor with two years of experience within a conflicts position at a mid to large law firm.
- Ideally the candidate will be a licensed attorney in Washington DC, New York, or Chicago. However, there is some flexibility.
- Experience using intake and conflicts products to perform conflicts checks – experience with Intapp’s new business intake and conflicts modules is desired.
- Experience using various databases such as Intapp.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
The firm strives to employ a diverse workforce that is committed to providing the best service, incorporating innovative approaches, and seeking professional growth. They provide excellent career progression within and encourage a collaborative environment, so the team ensures success. This is combined with a generous compensation package to ensure employee well-being.