An international law firm is looking for a Conflicts researcher to join the team in the Washington, DC office. This is an exciting opportunity to progress your knowledge, and gain exposure to conflicts that occur within a law firm that provides solutions to the world’s top financial institutions and Fortune Global 500 companies. Your role will be to investigate, identify and recommend the solution to conflicts of interest.
- Independently conducting thorough and accurate research of corporations, agencies and individuals listed in incoming parties of client matters, or submitted with preliminary conflict checks.
- Analysing and evaluating research results and conflict reports to determine whether a conflict of interest may exist between parties.
- Informing Attorneys whether potential or actual conflicts exist, and propose the necessary steps to resolve them.
- Analysing “Thrust upon” conflict issues, and propose resolutions to Attorneys in consultation with the Office of General Counsel.
- Consulting with management on complex conflicts issues, potentially requiring the further direction of the Professional Responsibility Committee.
Key Attributes required:
- Bachelor’s degree (strongly preferred).
- 2 years of conflicts related experience .
- Intermediate-level proficiency in conflicts related to computer operations and software programs.
- High-level proficiency in business communications (verbal and written).
The firm strives to employ a diverse workforce that is committed to providing the best service, incorporating innovative approaches, and seeking professional growth. They provide excellent career progression from within and encourage a collaborative environment, so the team ensures success. This is combined with a generous compensation package to ensure employee well-being.